Monday, August 2, 2021

 August is here already?

I'm always stunned when time bowls over me like a runaway train. It's been especially difficult for us, here in the "Great Northwest", where it never gets as hot as it does inland. 

In fact, unlike many people who expect the country to explode into infernal flames it's so hot, we have had a cooler-than-normal summer this year. Is it summer? We're lucky to burn the fog off by two or 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and we're lucky to break 60° each day. Occasionally we get a very pretty 64° or 65°, but if the skies are clear, the wind comes up. Chill factor makes it feel a lot more like 58°. We normally have pretty warm weather in July and then August and September can be on the verge of hot--75 to 80°. Not sure that's going to happen this year. Very odd.

At least the garden has continue to thrive, and we've been able to tackle of lot of needed honey-do's. Yard work was only part of it. We had to repair stairs, replace the back door, fix the molding around the door that got dry-rot, and work on some really big changes in our church activity. Loads more responsibility, for us mainly focused on family history--otherwise known as genealogy in some parts of the world. I've also been engaged with the grueling work of occupational therapy to retrieve as much normal function in my right hand as I can. The OT says I'm doing well, but for me it seems like it's never going to work right. Sigh. I guess we'll know if it's not all better in the next year.

I am loving the paperback copies of Dragons' Inferno I finally received. Shall soon be marketing them at Farmers Market at the marina. It's so much fun to see how beautiful the books are in real life. I love holding them, riffling the pages, reading the front and back, and admiring the artwork that my cover artist did for me. It's a joy I could've only dreamed about as a child and that I have great delight in seeing become reality in my more mature years.

Blogs aren't as popular as they once were, and I know I have far less traffic here than I used to have. Thank you if you've come here. If you don't mind sharing your experience both with me and with fellow readers, that would be great. 

As it is, because ownership has changed hands, some of the features on Blogger don't work right anymore. I can no longer access all of the gadgets on the right hand side of the blog. That means that I cannot either change or add direct links to other sites. That said, I can put them here, or they are in the tabs in the crossbar above. So you will not see any of my new books as they come out listed on the right hand side of this blog post. But I will put links in the post themselves. 

Enjoy the pictures, and I hope you're enjoying your summer, however warm or cool it may be.


Mr. Lincoln roses


Gorgeous fuchsia buds



Late blooming gladioli


Another fuchsia that shocked us with it prolific blooming this year.



This is it! Click here to see or purchase it on Amazon! 









No comments:

Post a Comment