Friday, May 28, 2021


June 2020

Covid hit. Did it knock you off your feet like it did millions of us around the world? I'd been watching it before it became "the thing" and was shocked that no one seemed that concerned about it. In January, a cute little bride and her brand-new husband were on the British Cruise Ship Diamond Princess that was stranded outside Yokohama, Japan and couldn't come to port because the ship carried passengers and crew with Covid. Poor things were there so long they hardly had food to eat, and she got the plague! Thankfully she and her husband survived the disaster and made it home.

We are high risk in our household, so we took great care. I'm a retired nurse, and a lot of what I saw happening had me upset. We had a go-getter President that some people liked and others didn't, but I didn’t like the way politics got in the way of sensible management of a terrible disease that we didn't yet understand. Anyone else agree? I'll keep my opinions to myself, because the point of my blog is to share my books with my readership, but I have no doubt that many of you already know what I believe and why. 
For me, writing was dumped into a corner when we all got sent home to “hunker down”. I know some of my fellow writers went to town on it, but I have two special problems. Some of you may have the same challenges in your life, so I'll be honest. I have ADD and have to have quiet and minimal interruption to both write well and receive the inspiration that gives me something to write. My husband, who has ADHD, was going nuts with being off work and trapped at home. That meant he was driving ME nuts. LOL. And it meant that I had little opportunity to write and chose not to get too upset about it. 
Beyond that, my writing group shut down. We live in an area that is small and quaint, and while I know that all of my fellow writers in the group are capable online, they don't like it, so we didn't even work that way. Not having much feedback meant I could write all day and all night and still not have anyone to run my work past.
Now add to that my husband's insistence on doing what thousands and thousands of people all across the country were doing because of boredom  and I had a fine pickle to face. He wanted a puppy. Really? Awe, come on. So, we got a puppy. And he's a handful. A cute little stink, but he’s a handful.
In July I have a grand baby due, so I flew to my daughter’s home to help. That was a great way to let my husband take care of the puppy he just dreamed about and me not having to get clawed, bit, chewed on, jumped on and frustrated to death. In the long run, it wasn't a good decision, but such is life. 

 


At least we got the fence replaced that a small tornado took down and my flowerbeds started taking off! I’d been wanting to get that underway for some time. It just meant traveling everywhere and doing everything with a mask on, avoiding people as much as possible, and using a ton of alcohol rub. Sound familiar? I bet so!















No comments:

Post a Comment