Wednesday, August 14, 2019

May in Indiana with my daughter Shillawna. So pretty! Loved seeing the Ohio River for the first time, despite the "cred."


In May, I traveled back to Indiana to see my next-to-youngest daughter and her family. I haven't seen them since the baby was six weeks old and it was nearing that little girl's fourth birthday. We live so far apart it's really hard to travel very often, and I was just dying to see all of them, especially the baby. I would love to say I had a great time, but unfortunately, I got very ill and wound up in the hospital. I even avoided a lot of hugs because I didn’t want to share. Sniff. It was so sad.

I did get a few pictures of the Newburgh/ Evansville, Indiana area, including the Ohio River. It reminds me a lot of the "muddy Mississippi!" That's a barge in the distance. Like all the large waterways, the Ohio is still being used as a means of transporting goods. 



 My daughter is a pro photographer and, just before I got sick, had a photo shoot in the Azalea Path Arboretum and Botanical Gardens in Evansville. I had the joy of babysitting the little one while she and her partner photographed a pro model for an online magazine called Engaged. What a beautiful place, what a beautiful model. The pictures ended up being in an article in the center of the magazine and one of the pictures made the cover! 

I was blessed to meet and talk to the model and snapped a quick picture while my pro-daughter set up the scene for her photos. I also caught my granddaughter and her best friend, the partner's little girl, playing hide and seek under a plant I've never seen before but is big enough to ride. They were having just way too much fun. Afterward, we went to lunch at the restaurant where those delicious cookies the model is holding were made. RZ Cafe also has a bakery and makes wedding cakes, cookies, and all those yummies for weddings and special occasions. The shoot was in part to advertise for them. We got to eat some of them after the photographers were done. What a wonderful way to spoil lunch. 






















When I finally got out of the hospital, my daughter was able to take me around and show me some of her part of Indiana. It was beautiful! What an awesome world we live in. It was really fun for me, because I love to do genealogy, and my grandfather's family came from Tippecanoe. Now I can visualize where they lived. I was so grateful for my daughter and son-in-law's hospitality, and the three kids are adorable. They’ve grown like weeds, the way children do, and I loved getting to know more about what's going on in their lives, like playing the piano, loving sports, Pokemon, horses, and Barbie dolls. Love to my kiddos. You light up my life!






















Now as to writing? I picked up a ton of ideas while I was out there, but I was so ill I didn't have the strength to write much of anything, even while I was bedridden. After I got home, I had recovery time, which meant a lot of visits to the doctor and lots and lots of sleep. Even today, I'm still struggling with an electrolyte imbalance that keeps me tired. My doctor has no idea why my body isn't responding like it should, but I'm relieved to say that I'm finally getting back to normal daily routine--and writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment